In this beginner-friendly course, we’ll be taking a step-by-step approach to modeling, surfacing, animating, and simulating an epic low-poly rocket launch sequence in Blender 2.80!
- model your own low poly 3D rocket
- design a low poly space environment to place your rocket in
- animate an epic launch sequence ("WOW" effect guaranteed)
- using EEVEE, Blender's real-time rendering engine, to help us develop the rocket engine's look
- working with Blender modifiers to model the layers of the ground around your rocket
- learning basics of computer animation in Blender, including key frames and interpolation
- using Blender 2.80’s particle systems to simulate smoke during the launch of your rocket
- BONUS: creating the smoke particle material from scratch, with Blender’s shader editor and some node-trickery
This course is simple, but don't be fooled: the skills that you'll learn will be your stepping stone to complex workflows. That's because this course covers tips from every single part of Blender. But don't worry, you'll be able to follow along even if you are new to 3D.
If you're new to Blender and want to learn a fun workflow with fast results and something to show off with at the end, this course is for you.
All the files you need are in "Project Files". If you're a CG Cookie Citizen member, you can download these below this video.
Cg Cookie often holds community challenges to take the Blender skills you've learned and apply them to a personal project. Check out our Space Station challenge on the community forum. While the dates may have passed, it's an excellent way to keep moving forward and apply what you've learned. https://cgcookie.com/questions/14703-cg-cookie-community-low-poly-space-station-challenge
Awarded on completion: