Augmented Reality is one half of the "cross reality" field also known as XR. While VR brings you into a virtual world, AR brings the digital aspects into your real environment. AR is a rapidly growing field and it's not just for games, it's been used for product displays, educational training, and even utility type apps in the form of measurements and GPS tracking. This course is aimed at those new to building augmented reality apps using Unity.
For this course you will need to have:
- OSX High Sierra
- Xcode 9+ (latest version needed for ARKit 1.5)
- Unity ARKit 1.5 Plugin (Bitbucket link)
- iOS 11+ (11.3 needed for ARKit 1.5)
- Unity 2017+ (Unity 2018 used in course)
In this course you'll learn how to:
- Place 3d objects on Horizontal and Vertical surfaces
- Properly scale objects for real world dimensions
- Add Mobile UI buttons with AR Environments
- Use occlusion materials to hide AR objects using real world obstacles
- Track face poses and animations with Blend Shapes
If you want to get started with augmented reality development with Unity then this is the course for you!